Friday 22 May 2015

Now I'm 64 (sing along, folks...)

(taken from David Cameron's got no heart club band)

Now I am older and done my fair share
Worked over forty years back from now
You still want to send me back to work again
Nil hours contract, from eight till ten.
I'll still be working past sixty three
Because you locked the door
I had no prevention, you took all my pension,
And you still want more.

You'll be older too
And in a few simple words
I blame it all on you

It would be better, employing the youth
They need things to do
I have worked for decades and you treat me like
I'm a pin, and out in a strike
It is so cold now, food is all gone now
And you still want more
I had no prevention, you took all my pension,
And you still want more.

Every day you stand and shout about austerity
Still you take from me
Who has scrimped and saved
I won't let you send me
To an early grave

You've had it all now, all but my pride
Though I am standing, still.
I will rise against you every single day
Despite your preference that I waste away
I wish you'd listen, and sad you are blind
I expected so much more
For you to hear me, for you to see me
And a million more

But NO!


Marie Antoinette, May, 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment